Baker cyst: aka popliteal cyst, is an extrusion of synovial fluid from knee joint space into the gastrocnemius/semimembranous bursa. Precipitated by
- Increased production in synovial fluid such as during inflammation states or any intra-articular pathology
- A communication formation between the joint and bursa
Continue reading “Baker Cysts”
J’ai demande/pris/obtenu un conge maladie / une demi-journee de conge
To ask/take/obtain a sick leave/half a day of break
Tous les mois, j’ai/il y a necesairement un week-end pendant lequelle je suis libre 48 heures consecutives de suite.
Continue reading “Class Notes 2017/02/18”
Christians bewared. Enter with caution.
Thank you God by Tim Minchin and the Heritage Orchestra
Continue reading “Tim Minchin: Thank you God”
Hyponatremia is excess of water relative to sodium and almost always due to increased ADH.
- SIADH: inappropriate increase (Conrad: any lung, brain, drugs and cancer)
- SADH: appropriate increase such as in hypovolemia or hypervolemia with decreased effective arterial volume
Evaluation of hyponatremia begins with the following laboratory datas
- Plasma osmolality: to determine if the patient really has hyponatremia
- Pseudohyponatremia: will be high in patients with osmotic substances that draw water to dilute the concentration of sodium
- Urine osmolality: useful in limited circumstances -> Uosm will be < 100
- malnutrition(decrease solute intake)
- primary polydipsia(increase water intake)
- Urinary sodium: used to determine the kidney’s concentrating capabilities(basically how the body is responding to this state, or did it cause it)
- Normally should be low < 20
Continue reading “Hyponatremia: Primary polydipsia”
Comparison of passe compose, imparfait, future simple and future anterieur, plus-que-parfait, present du conditionnel and passe du conditionnel.
A summary from Complete French Grammar : o
Continue reading “Tense compare and contrast”